Get involved in reducing food waste
Reducing food waste is a top priority for the EU (88M tonnes or €143B per year of waste) which has committed to halving food waste by 2030 by focusing on all stages of the supply chain.
In partnership with Images & Réseaux, and as part of its participation in the European REAMIT project, Valorial is organising a symposium on food waste on 8 and 9 December.
This event, which will bring together several European players, aims to raise awareness among agri and agro-industries of the issue of food waste by providing them with solutions to the problems they encounter throughout the supply chain. The symposium will gather key players committed to the fight against food waste in favour of sustainable food system in Europe. Solution providers are food producers, supply chain companies (processing and logistics), local authorities, academics, digital technology providers…
Our event will be structured around showcases of the REAMIT project’s latest achievements by the various project partners, and round-table discussions with presentations of innovative solutions, inspiring testimonials from companies, solution providers and actors involved in the reduction of food waste in the agricultural and agrifood chain.
- 09:00 – 09h15 > Registration & Coffee
- 09:15 – 09:45 > The REAMIT project and its achievements (introducing the idea of “REAMIT Technologies”)
- 09:45 – 10:15 > State of the art on food waste and losses (intervention by Sandrine Amsler, European Commission)
- 10:15 – 10:25 > REAMIT is helping a human milk bank during milk transportation
- 10:25 – 10:35 > REAMIT technologies for monitoring food storage for a frozen food company
- 10:35 – 10:45 > REAMIT technologies for last mile supply chain in the Netherlands
- 10:45 – 10:55 > REAMIT technologies from farm to retailing in Luxembourg
- 10:55 – 11:05 > An analysis of sensor data to understand process capability
- 11:05 – 11:15 > The REAMIT MOAT Model for Examining the Influence of Ability, Trust, Opportunity and Motivation on IoT Sensors Adoption For Preventing Food Waste
- 11:15 – 11:45 > Coffee and networking break
- 11:45 – 11:55 > Life cycle analysis to compare the costs of technology with the cost of food waste reduction
- 11:55 – 12:05 > A modelling approach to understand how food companies look at tradeoff involved in choosing REAMIT technologies
- 12:05 – 12:15 > Raman Spectroscopy applications for food waste reduction
- 12:15 – 12:25 > Real time anomaly detection in cold chain transportation using IoT technology
- 12:25 – 12:35 > Supporting the meat industry in reducing food waste in the dry ageing process in Ireland
- 12:35 – 12:45 > Some insights on business models for using technology for food waste reduction
- 12:45 – 14:00 > Lunch and networking break
- 14:00 – 16:20 > Round tables: panel of initiatives and innovative solutions to fight against waste from field to plate with testimonies from Simone&Co, Sensostat, UpCyclink, Handi-Gaspi, Frigo-Magic…*
- 16:20 – 16:30 > Conclusion of the day
The day will be moderated by Pierre Christen, independent journalist specialising in the food industry
Don’t miss this expertise and networking event which will meet 3 major objectives:
- To raise awareness of the problem of food waste throughout the value chain, and to propose solutions for concrete action
- To present the work carried out by the REAMIT project team (in which Valorial, in partnership with the Images&Réseaux cluster, is involved): research work aimed at adapting existing innovative technologies (new generation sensors, IoT, big data, etc.)
- Apply them to the management of the agri-food supply chain to meet the objective of halving food waste by 2030.
A great day in the colours of Europe to network internationally, discover innovative companies on the subject, while having a great time!
*Round table programme being finalised
+ informations & contacts :
Mémona DALICHAMPT, Valorial
Christophe JAN, Valorial